A TRAINING FOR YOGA TEACHERS
July 13 - August 31, 2017
Thursday nights 6:30-9:00pm
with Hayley Haberman
This program is an amazing opportunity for teachers of all levels to continue their growth and education.
- Experienced teachers can enjoy community and conversation in a positive atmosphere.
- Newer teachers will continue to strengthen their skills and hone their listening.
- Recent graduates have an opportunity to test their wings in a supportive setting.
Participants will each have an opportunity to teach the Thursday night 7:30-8:30 class at CAPY with the guidance of Hayley Haberman. Before the class Hayley will lead a forty five minute session on practical teaching skills and techniques. After the class she will give supportive and educational feedback for the benefit of the whole group. Participants will also observe three classes during the course of the training and write reports based on our program elements.
This program will use Baron Baptiste's Journey into Power as foundation. You'll get an overview of the series before the first class and will be asked to teach from that sequence. Please commit to attending all of the classes and feedback sessions.
PRICE: $200 or $175 for graduates of Cape Ann Yoga School
Participants who attend all eight sessions will receive 30 CEU for maintaining their Yoga Alliance certification. No partial credits will be given; in case of illness or extreme hardship make up assignments will be provided.
Limited to 8 participants. If a waiting list permits additional times may be added.
- Taking the eight Thursday night classes
- Eligibility to buy classes or monthly unlimited at our YMCA rate - $85 month or $75 for ten classes in two months
- Eight training sessions, in class coaching, and after class feedback
- A weekly summary of feedback and teaching points
- 30 CEU for maintaining your Yoga Alliance registration, with completed attendance
- Complete attendance to earn CEUs
- Prior to teaching the community class, each participant must practice teach the complete sequence three times, with at least three students, one of whom must be a fellow Post Graduate, a 2017 graduate of Cape Ann Yoga School, or a CAPY teacher. The feedback from these practice sessions will go into your log book.
- Hayley will provide support during each Community Class which may include live feedback.
- During the program each participant will observe three classes taught by established teachers and write reports based on our program criteria.
- Take three classes a week (outside of the program), tracked in a log and signed by each teacher.